|CNY Hiking Home Page||The 46 ADK High Peaks||ADK Fire Tower Challenge||Saranac Lake 6er|
|Northville-Placid Trail||NCT in the Adirondacks||Adirondack State Campgrounds||Adirondack Waterfalls|
|Adirondack Lean To's||Catskill Park||New York State Parks||Fire Towers in NY State|
Adirondack Hiking Information
Below and above are links for just some of the many hikes in the Adirondacks that we have enjoyed over the years. We have some hikes listed below, use the regional links and the listings of the different state lands to find many more hiking adventures in the area. We are always updating and adding more links as we continue to explore new places, so stop back and check out the new additions.
Hiking in the Adirondacks is very popular, whether it's in the spring, summer or fall. There are nearly 2000 miles of trails in the park. In the winter you'll find folks snowshoeing and cross country skiing on the trails. The Adirondack Mountain Club (ADK) is the main hiking club of this area and do much of the trail maintenance in the Adirondacks. Without support with donations and volunteers, many of the trails would fall into disrepair. Be sure to donate to a local ADK group today! Check out our Hiking Clubs web page to find a local ADK Hiking Club. Be sure to buy ADK Hiking Guides to support the work that they do in the Adirondacks!
The Adirondack Park is a six-million acre patchwork of public and private lands located in northeastern New York. The area was designated in 1892 to protect the region from uncontrolled forest clearing that was common during the 1800s. Today, the Park contains a thriving mix of forests, wetlands, waterways, and human settlement.
The Adirondack Forest Preserve is defined as the 2.6 million acres of state land within the Adirondack Park. Look below for a list of all the different state lands located within this amazing park as well as a few of the hundreds of possible hiking adventures in the Adirondacks. You'll find more Adirondack hike links from the different state land pages.
We've split the huge Adirondack Park into eight sections to make planning your next Adirondack adventure easy. We also have links for the different state lands as well as links for some of the popular hikes in the ADKs. Follow the links below to find great hiking opportunities in the Adirondacks.
We offer all this hiking information for free on this website, however this site would disappear without a little help!
West-Central Adirondacks Central Adirondacks SW Adirondacks SE Adirondacks East-Central Adirondacks High Peaks Region NE Adirondacks NW Adirondacks
Fall colors view from Watch Hill
List of the different state lands within Adirondack Park
Independence River Wild Forest Ha De Ron Dah Wilderness Black River Wild Forest Ferris Lake Wild Forest Shaker Mountain Wild Forest Silver Lake Wilderness Wilcox Lake Wild Forest Jessup River Wild Forest West Canada Lakes Wilderness Siamese Ponds Wilderness Moose River Plains Wild Forest Blue Ridge Wilderness Fulton Chain Wild Forest Pigeon Lake Wilderness Pepperbox Wilderness Five Ponds Wilderness Watson East Triangle Wild Forest Aldrich Pond Wild Forest Grass River Wild Forest White Hill Wild Forest Raquette River Wild Forest Croghan Tract Easement Cranberry Lake Wild Forest Lows Lake & Hitchins Pond Primitive Area Horseshoe Lake Wild Forest Round Lake Wilderness William C. Whitney Wilderness Sargent Ponds Wild Forest Blue Mountain Wild Forest Hudson Gorge Wilderness Lake George Wild Forest Pharoah Lake Wilderness Hoffman Notch Wilderness Vanderwhacker Mountain Wild Forest Hammond Pond Wild Forest Dix Mountain Wilderness Giant Mountain Wilderness High Peaks Wilderness Hurricane Mountain Wilderness Jay Mountain Wilderness Split Rock Mountain Wild Forest Sentinel Range Wilderness Saranac Lakes Wild Forest McKenzie Mountain Wilderness Wilmington Wild Forest Taylor Pond Complex Debar Mountain Wild Forest Boreas Ponds Tract Chazy Highlands Wild Forest Upper Hudson Woodlands Easement St Regis Canoe Area Santa Clara Tract Easement Boquet River Primitive Area Little Moose Mountain Wilderness Essex Chain of Lakes Primitive Area Pine Lake Primitive Area Cedarlands Conservation Easement Perkins Clearing Easement
List of just some of the many great hikes to check out in Adirondack Park
Echo Cliffs on Panther Mountain Sawyer Mountain Blue Mountain Blue Ledges on the Hudson River Bald Mountain Hadley Mountain Snowy Mountain Rocky Mountain Brewer Lake Vanderwhacker Mountain Vista Trail Woodhull Mountain Kane Mountain Crane Mountain Siamese Ponds Big Slide & Yard Mountains Ampersand Mountain Bear Mountain Debar Mountain Catamount Mountain Auger Falls Moss Lake Loop Bubb, Sis & Moss Lake Loop Bubb & Sis Lake Azure Mountain Round & Noonmark Mountain Baker Mountain Poke-O-Moonshine Mountain Mount Adams Hopkins Mountain Wakely Mountain Hitchins Pond Overlook Dix Mountain Mount Haystack Cascade Mountain Mount Colden Phelps Mountain Sawteeth Indian Head Dial Mtn & Nippletop Goodnow Mountain Lyon Mountain Lampson Falls Harper Falls Jenkins Mountain Black Bear Mountain Good Luck Mountain Cliffs Peaked Mountain Pharaoh Mountain Cobble Hill Owls Head (Lake Placid) Owls Head Mountain Mount Jo Sagamore Lake Loop Gleasmans Falls Nicks Lake Loop Loon Lake Mountain St Regis Mountain High Falls Loop Moxham Mountain Pillsbury Mountain Owls Head Lookout Belfry Mountain West Mountain Shallow Lake Sagamore Cascades Panther Pond Mount Arab Cascade Lake Loop Cooper Kiln Pond Jay Mountain Bug & Eagles Nest Lakes Baxter Mountain Prospect Mountain Ferd's Bog Rock River Tirrell Pond Bullhead Pond Ledge Mountain Overlook Nine Corner Lake Broomstick Lake Sand Lake Good Luck Lake Queer Lake Kibby Pond Coney Mountain Catlin Bay Nun-da-ga-o Ridge Loop Cheney Mountain Mount Defiance Fawn Lake Challis Pond Hammond Pond Cathedral Rock Rock Lake Bear Lake Jockeybush Lake Cod Pond Fern Mountain OK Slip Falls Chase Lake Watch Hill Middle Settlement Lake Tennant Creek Falls Putnam Pond Loop
Current Adirondack Trail Information from the NY DEC website:
- Trail Information for the Northwestern Adirondacks - General trail information, closures and notices for the Northwestern Adirondacks including the Grass River Complex, Raquette Boreal Complex and Whitehill Wild Forest.
- Trail Information for the Northern Adirondacks - General trail information, closures and notices for the northern portion of the Adirondacks including the Debar Mountain Wild Forest, Kushaqua Tract Easement, Paul Smiths College Easement, Santa Clara Tract Easement, Saranac Lakes Wild Forest and St Regis Canoe Area.
- Trail Information for the Northeastern Adirondacks - General trail information, closures and notices for the northeastern portion of the Adirondacks including the Lake Champlain islands, Chazy Highlands Wild Forest, Sable Highlands Tract, Taylor Pond Complex, Wilmington Wild Forest.
- Trail Information for the High Peaks - General trail information, closures and notices for the High Peaks region of the Adirondacks including the High Peaks Wilderness, Dix Mountain Wilderness, Giant Mountain Wilderness, Hurricane Mountain Wilderness, Jay Mountain Wilderness, McKenzie Mountain Wilderness and Sentinel Range Wilderness.
- Trail Information for the Western Adirondacks - General trail information, closures and notices for the western portion of the Adirondacks including the Aldrich Pond Wild Forest, Bog River Complex, Cranberry Lake Wild Forest, Five Ponds Wilderness, Pepperbox Wilderness, Watson's East Triangle Wild Forest, William Whitney Wilderness and Round Lake Wilderness.
- Trail Information for the West Central Adirondacks - General trail information, closures and notices for the west-central portion of the Adirondacks including the Blue Mountain Wild Forest, Blue Ridge Wilderness, Moose River Plains Complex, Sargent Ponds Wild Forest, West Canada Lakes Wilderness, Perkins Clearing/Speculator Tree Farm Easement, Township 19 Easement, Township 20 Easement.
- Trail Information for the East Central Adirondacks - General trail information, closures and notices for the east-central portion of the Adirondacks including the Camp Santanoni Historic Area, Essex Chain Lakes Complex, Hoffman Notch Wilderness, Hudson Gorge Wilderness, Jessup River Wild Forest, Siamese Ponds Wilderness and Vanderwhacker Mountain Wild Forest.
- Trail Information for the Eastern Adirondacks - General trail information, closures and notices for the eastern portion of the Adirondacks including the Lake George Wild Forest, Pharaoh Lake Wilderness, Hammond Pond Wild Forest and Split Rock Wild Forest.
- Trail Information for the Southwestern Adirondacks - General trail information, closures and notices for the southwestern portion of the Adirondacks including the Black River Wild Forest, Fulton Chain Wild Forest, Pigeon Lake Wilderness, Ha-De-Ron-Dah Wilderness and Independence River Wild Forest.
- Trail Information for the Southern Adirondacks - General trail information, closures and notices for the southwestern portion of the Adirondacks including the Ferris Lake Wild Forest, Shaker Mountain Wild Forest, Silver Lake Wilderness and Wilcox Lake Wild Forest.
OK Slip Falls
|CNY Hiking HOME PAGE||New York State Parks||Hiking in Catskill Park|